It's all about me...

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Saturday, October 21, 2006

The Prestige

I don't really know how to review this particular movie because in writing about it, I'm bound to reveal secrets and I'm not one of those people to throw up a ***SPOILER ALERT*** so I guess you need to take your chances reading on... Phew. That was a mouthful. Key players from Batman Begins (Christian Bale, Michael Caine and director, Christopher Nolan) join together again to bring you The Prestige. Previews led me to believe this would be a scary magic movie yet it ended up being a suspenseful sci-fi revenge flick. Personally I find Hugh Jackman much more appealing as Wolverine or Van Helsing but he was impressive as a magician scorned and a man obsessed with learning his foe's tricks to seek the ultimate pay back. David Bowie and Andy Serkis are creepy electricity wranglers, the lead chick from Coyote Ugly and ScarJo make lovely magician's assistants and there are a lot of British accents to be found... yet Hugh Jackman has an American accent. And is Australian. Discuss amongst yourselves. I can't make a definitive statement about this movie other than it kept me guessing about the plot until about halfway through and then it was just a matter of wondering where the incessant twists and turns would take me. Aargh! I want to get into the sci-fi aspect more but I know if I do I will ruin the movie for you even though throughout the movie they hint at what's really going on pretty much the whole time. This movie was neither good nor bad and ultimately I kinda wish I would have seen the "other" magic movie - The Illusionist. Oh well. Next time.

1 Comments:

  • At 09:15, Blogger Itchy said…

    I so enjoy getting to listen to Christian Bale talk without a fake American accent. Ahhh....love it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home