It's all about me...

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

BFF Tagged Me

1. One book that changed your life.
Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown
This woman was dealt EVERY hardship yet managed to write herself her very own success story. In life, there really are NO excuses.

2. One book you have read more than once.
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
This book made me looooooove my relationship with my brother. Read it as a youth and had to read it as an adult for it to really make an impact.

3. One book that you would want on a deserted island.
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
I could read this over and over but I'm afraid to crack it again. I devoured like a woman possessed.

4. One book that made you cry.
Marley & Me by John Grogan
A man and his dog? Are you kidding me? Sobbing. Had to put the book down to bawl.

5. One book that made you laugh.
The Tender Bar by J.R. Moehringer
Read this while waiting for jury duty and I think my isolated laughter frightened the other jurors. Plus the kid on the cover looks exactly like my brother to me.

6. One book you wish had been written.
I'm with BFF on this one, the 7th and final Harry Potter. GIVEITTOME!!!

7. One book you wish had never been written.
The Bible/Koran/Torah, etcetera, et. al.
Perhaps religious zealotry and its wars could have been avoided? I guess we'll never know.

8. One book you are currently reading.
Textbooks but ready to be read next is Spook by Mary Roach (Stiff was awesome!).

9. One book you've been meaning to read.
My Ancient Mexico and Central America text. Whoopsie!

10. One book you're glad to own.
Honestly? Every one on the bookshelf. It's why I have 'em.

11. One book from which you must read aloud.
Brown Bear, Brown Bear
Hey, I was a nanny and kids dig this book.

2 Comments:

  • At 09:47, Blogger Itchy said…

    Now that you are an auntie, a new book to read out loud is this one

    The Monster at the End of This Book is excellent fun aunt material!

    And a book that made me laugh out loud? Lamb by Christopher Moore.

     
  • At 10:12, Blogger Shora said…

    I love your single book reviews, so imagine how much I'm loving this post! I'm putting each and every one (well, the ones I haven't already read...) on my "must read" list. You're awesome sistah!

    And to add to Itchy's list of suggestions for Peanut, my all time favourite and that of both my boys (my eldest could "read" it to me at age 3 because he had every word on every page memorized).... "Where The Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak.

    Happy hump day babe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home